On Sat, 7 Sep 1996, M Hunt wrote:

> When considering dropping my AOL account  I received the following
>  info which tells how to get rid of all that junk email....so I am posting it to
>  the list.  ALso tells how costs are figured and billed AOL,  Never could
>  figure out why they billed be $12.95 when I only did flash sessions to
>  get my mail quickly and read it off line!  Now I know what happened.

Well, I'm still not sure how AOL bills are figured. My husband had an
account for about 6 months, during which time the monthly bill averaged
about $30.00.  We didn't think that was too bad because we were willing
to spend that much as we learned about commercial providers.  However, my
husband decided that he was not online enough to warrant $30 per month
continually, especially since he is a spray pilot and is in the field
from daylight until dark.  He called on July 27 and cancelled.

Our next bill via our Master Card was $130.00!  When I called and finally
got someone to talk to me (I had to put my phone on "hands free" and just
let it hold until someone could get back to me -- a loooong time, I might
add), she explained that it was some kind of phone charge.  I asked for
an itemized bill so I could better understand what we were paying and she
said "Sure, I'll send one."  Well, that was some time ago, and we still
have not received the itemized bill explaining the charges.

Do you happen to have an e-mail address, Margaret?  I'll check the web
pages, but I imagine they probably have one just for billing questions.
We no longer have their software on our computer so I don't have that
information at hand.

Thanks!

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home