My superintendent asked me to keep track of the amount videos checked out
by classroom teachers.  I objected because of confidentiality of
circultation records.  He stated that he did not want to know the titles,
just how many.  He is responsible for what happens in the classroom.  I
also was concerned about it appearing in someone's evaluation because
that information could only come from me.  He said I was not to make
reports, just be ready in case he asked.  My principal told me that he
would notify the teachers that there video use was being monitored - it
was only fair that they should know.  I still feel very uncomfortable
about it.

Fred Muller   fmuller@planet.net

LM_NET Archive Home