Our PTA wants to support our libraries by having an Adopt-a-Book event. Thy
are not really sure how they are going to go about it yet. We have 3 school
libraries in our very small district and they span grades k-8. They were
thinking of having an evening event where parents could actually see the
books and choose one or more to pay for, the books being donated to the
particular library where they would fit in best, and an appropriate
donation sticker applied inside. We don't know how we're going to go about
getting the books for this event. Purchase ahead of time? Get a vendor to
bring some out? Have any of you run such an event, and what are the
pros/cons, pitfalls, etc.? How did you aid parents in making a selection?
Where did you get your books?

Gayle Hodur
ghodur@redshift.com

LM_NET Archive Home