EVERYONE, thank you for your responses about our Rio the cat and keep =
them coming!

I will be writing a book about Rio, our school kitty, thanks to your =
many requests.  And yes, I will continue to put stories on this net as =
long as I'm allowed.  I'm getting the students and teachers to record =
their "Rio the cat" true story on audio cassette so I'll have plenty to =
tell!

I want you all to know that I am posting my stories and your responses =
to them out in the hall for everyone to read.  I started by reading a =
few over our PA system.  But, so many people wanted to know what you =
guys were saying on LM_NET that this is how I'm responding to the =
interest.  If it is NOT okay to publish your comments, please let me =
know in your next e-mail message to me.

Several of you have asked about how we deal with allergies to cats.  Our =
students are 10-13 years old.  THEY decide how close to get to Rio.  One =
student is extremely allergic to cats and his teacher keeps the hall =
door closed so Rio won't go inside the classroom.  So far, this student =
says he's had no problems.  I do have a sink in the library and students =
who want to pet Rio but have a skin allergy to cats can then wash up =
right away, afterwards.  NO ONE is complaining (at least that I'm aware =
of).  Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

Linda Hays Welch       Rio Vista Middle School          welch@cyberport.com
M.S.L.S., M.A. Ed.      1100 Rio Vista Lane             550 students, grades 6 & 7
Librarian                 Bloomfield, NM  87413     33% Navajo, 33% Hispanic, =
31% Anglo
                          505/632-2212, ext. 109

LM_NET Archive Home