One thing that I have done is to take the bookmark file (or files) and
cut and paste to make one organized one. Then load to your harddrive with
the .htm format. Then under 'Options/ General Preferences' put that file
name in as your home page. I did a short list like that and loaded it on
several machines to get teachers started.

Then, one step fancier, Down load the 'gold' version of Netscape which has
a built in editor. use it to make a (sorta) real Web page. You can then
put it in the Opt/ Gen Pref as before, and if you are on a network or can
hook up your machines it would be a much less painful process to adapt.

If you put the different versions of Netscape in different folders when
you do the install, you can have the regular hidden a bit so miscevious
fingers don't get to it. Both will point to the same folders for saving
BookMarks.

Bob Eiffert ' who seems to be stuck behind a firewall and can't get to
his own school page from home'
Librarian at Image Elementary
Vancouver WA  beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home