I am a lms gradute student and have the opportunity to work with a group
of 4-6 graders in a reading club.  I wanted to discussion age
approriate books that they choose to read.  Some of the questions I
have to veterans of this type of reading club are:
1.  Because this is an after-school recreational program and I want to
discuss a book all the students have read, how do I provide them any
choice in what books they read for each meeting.
2.  Have you come across any good books on the subject of leading
discussion groups at the elementary level.
3.  The principal of the school that I will be conducting this reading
club told me about the Great Books Foundation and would like to have a
training session.   Has anyone gone to these sessions?  Was it
worthwhile?  I found positive remarks in the LM_NET archives.

I would appreciate any input.  As a student, I love to read all of
your comments which is providing me with insite about the profession
and what I have to look forward to.

Thanks

Gayle Crotty
e-mail