How about sending lots of library media examples to the Dept of Ed?

PLEASE:  Don't send your your responses to me.  They go to:

Michelle Doyle <michelle_doyle@ed.gov>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 17:40:56 -0400
From: Kirk Winters <Kirk_Winters@ed.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <edinfo@inet.ed.gov>
Subject: Share Your Favorite Reading or Writing Activity

     SHARE YOUR FAVORITE READING OR WRITING ACTIVITY
     with parents & grandparents, teachers & librarians,
     tutors & volunteers, & children across the country!

     This year's READ*WRITE*NOW! booklet of fun learning
     activities reached as many as one million children.  It was
     so popular that we're planning a sequel, & you are invited
     to contribute.

     Send us your favorite fun reading or writing activity for
     children (pre-school through Grade 6).  We are particularly
     interested in activities that fit the categories of this
     past year's booklet.  Those categories are:

        * Look for Books

        * Family Stories

        * Good Books Make Reading Fun

        * Shopping Your Way With Words

        * What's in the News?

        * Using Television to Stimulate Reading.

                (You may want to look at this past year's booklet,
                "Activities for Reading & Writing Fun."  It's
                available on the Family Involvement home page of
                our Online Library:  http://www.ed.gov/Family/)

     But please don't limit yourself to these categories.  Send
     us *any* fun reading or writing activity.  Simply e-mail
     your activity to Michelle Doyle (michelle_doyle@ed.gov)
     using this format:

         > title of the activity

         > age group most appropriate for the activity

         > one-sentence description of the activity

         > a list of materials needed for the activity

           simple directions how to do the activity.

     All activities received by September 27, 1996, will be
     reviewed by a panel of readers.  If selected, your activity
     -- plus your name & the name of your school, library, or
     organization -- will appear in the second edition of
     "Activities for Reading & Writing Fun."

     We apologize for this short notice.  Schools & libraries
     have asked that the new activity booklet be published early
     in 1997 (last year we published in the spring of 1996).  In
     order to meet this deadline, we are on this very tight
     schedule.  Know that we do appreciate your help &
     understanding.

     Please remember that the booklet, like most material
     published by the U.S. Department of Education, will be in
     the public domain, so there will be no copyright on the
     materials.