On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Susan Burstein wrote:

> Another problem I am having is getting the message to ignore or
> cancel a  url request.  If I hit ignore 4 or 5 times, I usually
> manage to get to the address, but not always.

Susan and Group,

I'm posting to the group so others can compare possibilities here.

I have some of the same problems.  Sometimes I even get a GPF
(general protection fault) message.  Sometimes I can press ignore for
several times and finally get back to whatever I was searching for --
other times I just quickly go to a bookmark and try another tried and
true URL site.  Sometimes I have to press cancel or stop (whatever that
other little box says besides "ignore") and in that case it closes me out
of Netscape altogether!

I notice the box appears more often when I'm trying to do net searches.
When I'm going directly to an address I don't have that problem so often.

I will search our archives for other comments on Netscape problems, but I
haven't had time to do that immediately.

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home