I realize this isn't an especially "library-related" topic, but I am
sure other librarians need to deal with this issue as I do, and I'm
calling for your management schemes.  This is about on-campus garbage
generated by lunch, and how it gets cleaned up.  We are an
independent school for girls from grade 7 - 12, and the mess is
incredible.  No matter what system we put in place, it always seems
to be the conscientious students cleaning up after the rest.  How has
your school managed with this?  Do you just have maintenance clean up
all the trash on their own (in all that spare time they have (;-}) or
do you pass  the responsibility around to the students somehow?

Let me know what works at your school--I'll post a HIT if there's
enough interest.

Thanks!
Shannon Acedo
Assistant Librarian