Our eighth grade teacher is looking for novels for his class on the 9th
or 10th grade level (we're accelerated about 2 years) set in or written
about the 1930's, others about the western expansion, and others about
urbanization and/or industrialization. Since my area is generally K-8,
I'm stumped.  Can any high school teacher help with recommendations?
He's looking for some rather meaty books that will promote good
discussions.  TIA
--
Gail Smith                        Edison Regional Gifted Center
gsmith@isbe.state.il.us                        Chicago, Illinois

Yesterday is history......Tomorrow is a mystery......Today is a gift
That is why they call it the present.

LM_NET Archive Home