I have been a long time lurker on LM_Net.  This is my first posting to
the listserv.  I would like to thank all of the contributors for
providing valuable information to me as I start a new career as an
elementary librarian.

I'll cut to the chase.  I'd like to do a program called "Catch the Reading
Spirit" for October.  Volunteers read sections of a book to the school,
then children guess who the readers are.

What I need are suggestions for good read alouds that would be
appropriate to the K-5 audience.  Mysteries or humorous books would be
ideal.  I would think a 10 or so chapter book would be good; however, I
would be delighted with any suggestions you might have.

Please email me directly at cporter@alpha.psd.k12.co.us with your
suggestions.  I'll post a hit with the recommended titles.

THANK YOU for your ideas!

Carla Porter
Monfort Elementary Library
2101 47th Ave.