My fourth graders study the United States.  The teachers have requested
books about regions of the US, not about specific states, as they want to
get the kids to focus on an area, not a specific state.  Any recommendations
for books about regions?  I know there is a series on the states that goes
by region (Great Plains, Southeast, etc) but those only have a chapter for
each state in the region.  They don't really address the region except state
by state.  If you know of some good books (around 4th grade level) for your
region, let me know.  There doesn't seem to be a series that looks at the
USA this way.

I'll post a hit if requested.
Many thanks!!

--