On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Debra Rickenberg wrote:

> Currently, I am enrolled in a graduate course titled Instructional Design
> Systems. I need to find a few texts dealing with various ID models. Would
> anyone have suggestions.

I'll name two.  The first is Instructional Theories In Action, edited by
Charles Reigeluth.  Each chapter presents the particular theory (all from
the world of ID), a sample lesson, comments, and references.  We used it
for my ID course at the U of WA a couple of years ago.  Another that makes
good reading (well, as good as this can get) is Constructivism and the
Technology of Instruction, edited by Duffy and Jonassen.  Its this wild
discussion by chapter, with the constructivists getting off their
broadsides in the first few chapters, of constructivism v. ID.  The last
five chapters are written by nominally neutral persons, giving reflections
on the discussion.  The commentary by William Winn is particularly good
(and I'm not just saying that because he was my advisor ;-) ).

Bob Koreis
Teacher Librarian
Lake Louise Elementary
Clover Park SD