We are moving from a pre-2 and a 3-5 elementary schools in our district to
two pre-5 buildings.  We were wondering how other schools registar
students.  Since we are a "small" town with the elementaries within four
blocks of each other, we won't really have a dividing line.  Is there a
computerized program that the counselors in each building could access
from their desks, see where the students would best fit into the system
and get them registared for classes reguardless what building they go to?
Or will we have to begin the process, then when we find out that actually
the next new students for that grade should have gone to the other school,
send them off to the other school to begin the process anew?
do other schools have a central registration at the district office?
Any information you could share would be passed on.
TIA

R. Jean Gustafson
Librarian Extraordinaire
Lince Intermediate School