Greetings!

We're getting to ready to do a major technology "concept meeting" with our
parents on April 15 as we prepare to launch our T-1 connection, web
classroom, and distance learning next fall.  One issue that hasn't been a
major concern with our single-line Internet station is installing blocking
software because those students are so closely supervised while they're
online.

However, my guess is that our parents (especially in a parochial school) will
be very concerned about our ability to keep kids out of where they don't
belong.  We have a strict AUP regarding the issue, which every issue (and
parent) must sign.  How seriously should we be looking at installing
something like SurfWatch on our computers?  I've heard that there are more
legal implications connected to <installing> a blocking program than just
having the AUP in place.  And I also wonder about the ability to keep up with
everything new that comes across the wires.

I will also be responsible for supervising this new lab which will be
adjacent (and visible) from the Media Center.  I will also check the archives
to check the recent discussion everyone had on children and the Internet
(rats, I didn't read much of that one  :-)

Any thoughts?  Thanks much.

Lynn Henry, Librarian
Concordia Academy
Roseville, MN