Dear Fellow LM_Netters:

Our school recently received a communication from a
California-based firm, Links'99, stating that they had taken
the liberty of establishing a Web Page for us on the Internet
and wanted us to help them personalize it.  This is at no cost
to us (hmm!) and, by the way, they DO have something to sell,
but we COULD win $1,000 for our school!  Is it just me, or does
this really sound "too good to be true?"

Have any of you received such a letter?  Can anyone offer any
insights into what this firm is about?

Frankly, I would not be comfortable with someone outside
handling the care and upkeep of "my" school's Web Page.  Their
interest in such a venture is not vested and they could, either
deliberately or accidentally, print misleading, damaging, or
inappropriate information about our school!

Any assistance, suggestions, or information you may share is
most appreciated!

TIA!

Megan S. Link
Library Clerk