Hello!

Our 2nd grade teachers assign book reports every 3 weeks or so, and
often request non-fiction such as animals, bios, how-to, etc.  They are
usually creative presentations, but I need to find (buy) more non-fic
which is acutally closer to a 1st grade level for many of these 2nd
graders.  What often looks like a primary treatment, has vocab or
concepts way over their heads, or important info as captions under
photos, and I doubt that the kids are doing the reading.  Read-aloud is
tops with me, but I'd like to know if there are titles, or publishers
who specialize in a true, primary level non-fiction.

Thanks for your input!  Please email me at <shablu@aol.com>

Sharon Blumenstein
Emek Hebrew Academy
15365 Magnolia Bl.