Here's how you can tell that _I_ am a librarian:

Your spices are alphabetized.

Your own kids' books have colored dots on the spines to color code them by
broad topics on their bookshelves (fairy tales, poetry, non-fiction,
fiction, easy, etc.).

The clothes in your closet are grouped by color.

You have a laundry hamper that your husband built for you with individual
bags hung on dowel rods, each labeled "light perma-press",
"dark-perma-press", etc., so you can keep your laundry sorted until you have
time to wash!

You have an old, refinished card catalog in your living room with your
cassette tapes and cds in them for storage.  They aren't stuck in there
randomly, either!!  They have little labels on the outside of the drawers:
piano, Christmas, storytelling, classical, etc.

And when you go to a bookstore, you find yourself explaining things to the
clerks:  ISBNs, possible subjects to use when looking for books on the
computer system.  You also suggest titles to them that they should keep
stocked in their children's department!

And, Earl, I, too, would give anything to have a booktruck at home!

Suby Weston Wallace
Nettleton Intermediate Center  (grades 5-6)
3801 Vera
Jonesboro, AR   72401           swallace@nic.crsc.k12.ar.us

LM_NET Archive Home