rom owner-lm_net@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU Wed Apr 9 09:35:21 1997
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 19:54:42 -0400
From: Mary Logan <ScndDavid@AOL.COM>
Edward..
   Who in the world of "librarianship" has come up with the idea that DDC
is NOT a viable classification system.  Do we still traditionally serve
turkey at Thanksgiving, is apple pie an American tradition.  Yes, there
is the Library of Congress classification system...but these
classification systems are both viable and each has a function depending
upon the size of the collection,etc.  I may be wrong, but I don't think
that there is even a question about the value of DDC..

John Courtney
Crete Public Schools
Crete, NE 68333
Subject: help! :)

Hello,

I just subcribed to the list. The volume of mail is overwhelming. I am
excited about what I am reading, but help! :) How do you digest your mail. Is
there a way to make it come in one package per day?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Mary Logan
ScndDavid@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home