MS LYNN J WILLARD wrote:

> Which CD encyclopedias do you all prefer?  We're looking to
> buy a site license...

World Book is my favorite CD-ROM.  I have the networked version but
haven't installed it yet.  Knowing that networked verions of multi-media
ency. can run really slowly on the network I asked my sales rep.  His
suggestion is to put the multi-media files ( about 6 files I think) onto
the server.  This would speed up the access time. The reason we haven't
put it on our server is that we are maxed out right now and won't have
the space (300 megs) until we get another server.
Mary Stewart Lewis, Director of Library Media Services
The Benjamin School
11000 Ellison Wilson Rd., North Palm Beach, Fl. 33408
marystewart_lewis@benjaminschool.com

LM_NET Archive Home