Handling a large number of messages a day is hard!
It took me two years before I realized that my first act once the messages
were uploaded should be to use the FIND command to locate messages
containing my email name.  Only after that do I start to look at the other
messages.

Eudora lets me transfer whole messages to files known as "Mailboxes" that I
set up, so when I come to a message I want to answer I can either answer it
then and there or transfer it to one of my standard files which include 1.
set up Mailboxes by going to Window on the menu bar and choosing
Mailboxes.)

Also, working on a MAC, I highlight that part of any message with a URL
that I want to keep, and I put it in the NOTEBOOK (found under the Apple
menu) on pages that I have designated thus: 1. REFERENCE SITES  2. SCHOOL &
EDUCATION SITES  3. GENERAL INTEREST SITES 4. TECHNOLOGY SITES  5. SUMMER
READING for ADULTS [this topic is kept in the notebook ---rather than being
in my Eudora Transfer File ----even though it doesn't refer to URLs,
because I want to highlight and save just the titles and authors and not
the whole message.]  There is a caution for this technique, however.  If
you crash you will lose everything in NOTEBOOK.  Therefore from time to
time you should highlight and save the contents to a wordprocessor file and
clean NOTEBOOK out.

Joan

Karen De Frank wrote:

>Dear Mary and the group,
>
>        I too flounder around about what to do about all this email!
>
>        Actually, there are a number of things I have tried.

..........(skipping most of her message).......

  Hope this helps.  If anyone has other ideas, please let the group
>know.
>

>Karen DeFrank
>Dorothy L. Bullock Elementary School
>Glassboro, NJ
>defrank@voicenet.com or dlb@snip.net
>"Here's something to think about: How come you never see a
>headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?"
>-- Jay Leno

Joan Kimball (jkim@borg.com)
Clinton, NY