>-a web address (we've searched til our little fingers are raw),
>a book, etc.

Indigo bunting:Male: A small finch that is deep rich blue all over. In
autumn the male becomes more like the brown female, but there usually
some blue in wings and tail....
Breeds west on Plains to Black Hills, w. Kansas, w. Oklahoma, Texas
panhandle.

(above in _Field Guide to Western Birds_ by Roger Tory Peterson)

Carolina Chickadee -- in the "accidental and marginal species section of
above book)
"see Eastern [Field Guide] or Texas Field Guide. Barely reaches 100
degr.W in n. and c. Texas.

Joyce Conklin           jconkli@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us
Automation Consultant
San Mateo Union High School Dist. (ret.)
San Mateo CA 94403

LM_NET Archive Home