Our elementary library supervisor asked me to post a request for books
like The Giver.

        The 8th grade teachers want to use The Giver as part of a unit
on the Holocaust--I assume for the mind/behavioral control element in a
society.  The 6th grade teachers have been using it and do not want to
give it up. The plan is to find another title for the 8th grade unit.  I
have already picked up some titles from the LM_NET Archives, but I would
really appreciate more input.  Thanks in advance.

Joyce Nolan
Hal Butler Media Center
Douglas High School
Minden, NV  89423