Today we were working on our building's Title I needs assessment.
Everything needs to be based on hard data. One statistic that I had come
across from my Follett monthly statistics was that 33% of our circulation
is of Easy picture books which comprise 22% of our collection. Is there or
should there be any correlation between percent of circulation and the
percent of the collection? I guess what I'm trying to say is could I
justify saying that because the highest circulation is in the Easy section
that it should be a larger percent of our collection (and that we should
get more money to purchase these books!). Our other highest percentages of
circulation are in paperbacks and the 500s. I look forward to your
collective knowledge.

Belinda Holbrook
Madison School
Davenport, IA