So far, here are the responses I have received regarding Hyperstudio:

There is an excellent beginning project in the tutorial section
of the booklet that comes with the CD-ROM version of Hyperstudio.  It
takes students throught the process step by step.  Another project we are
using now is a trip through the solar system.  Students need to gather
infor about each of the planets and then gather pictures and facts to put
on the cards as they visit each planet.  This idea is found in one of the
bundles we received - multimedia bundle I think - from Apple when we
bought our new powemacs.  I could fax you a copy if you are interested

Contact Roger Wagner Publishing at 800/421-6526.   They have
workshop and teaching materials that are available free.

  I just went to a Hyperstudio workshop last week, to refresh my
(pretty weak!) skills.  I found a fantastic book there called "Help, I Have
Hyperstudio, Now What Do I DO?" by Karen Hein McBride and Elizabeth DeBoer
Luntz.  I called Roger Wagner Co. on Friday and got the book in the mail
today.  It was $19.95 plus shipping.  The number I called was 1-800-HYPERST.
In the front of the book, it says you can also email to the authors at
McB_Media@aol.com.  The book has some great planning sheets in it for
students to use as they map out a project.  One thing I have learned is that
students need to do all their research before they ever go to the computer.
Otherwise, they get too caught up in the "bells and whistles" and never
finish the research.  I think this book will really help you--I'm getting
ready to do History Day projects with our GT kids, and I am planning to use
it as a resource.

LM_NET Archive Home