The Speech Therapist and some of the teachers want to have an evening
Pajama Party for students and their parents to build family literacy. The
idea is to do  skits and other activities, model story reading techniques,
allow checkout of books to the families, and give other ideas or
suggestions that will help parents learn to read and have fun with their
children. They want a list from me of any books, skits, poems, etc. that
would be most successful for this event. This would include Spanish and
wordless books as well. We also want to reach parents who read only in
Spanish or perhaps don't read at all. I know some of you have done similar
programs. Please send me info on any materials that worked for you. The
target age group here is Preschool to Grade 2. They have no particular
theme in mind and said that the materials don't have to be about bedtime. I
know they'll appreciate any suggestions of any kind on running such an
event.

Gayle Hodur
ghodur@redshift.com

LM_NET Archive Home