I have a 3rd grade class that is studying urban and rural communities.
Our 3rd graders have some misconceptions about life in a rural area.
They think Little House on the Prarie is still the way people live! We
are located in a small urban area (100,000), and many of our inner city children
have never been "to the country".  We would like to correspond and
possibly exchange photos, post-cards, or videotapes with 3rd graders in a
rural elementary school to find out what their school is like, where
they live, how their life might differ.  If you are interested, please
email me at gpope@moe.coe.uga.edu.  Thanks!

LM_NET Archive Home