I missed the original post on this with my "magic" delete finger; however,
we use to have a problem with unauthorized after hours use (and lost
stored data, had printers damaged and etc), our solution to this was plug
locks.  These are pretty inexpensive.  They fit over the end of the plug
and need a key to remove the lock.  It might be time consuming to do this
every night however.

Jackie Norris
South Kitsap High School
Port Orchard, WA
jnorris@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Sherry Elaine Clark wrote:

> My school has an open florr plan with the computer lab at one end of the
> library (24 computers) and 6 stand-alones in the library "proper".  We
> have adult night school, everyone (it seems) has keys,  to the library,
> but no computer has ever disappeared.  I think computers are more
> "vulnerable" when they are still in their boxes rather than when they are
> set up.
>
> On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Vanessa Zoll wrote:
>
> > hello,
> >
> > for those who work in "open" libraries without walls, what kind of security
> > did you find for your computers?
> >
> > i work in a large, open library which is used frequently at night by
> > parents and teachers, and i am ready to put out 8 computers. however, i
> > can't because i need some type of bolt-down security that will lock these
> > computers into place for theft reasons.
> >
> > i'm looking into several products. anyone have advice for this problem?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > vanessa m. zoll
> > mill valley middle school
> > mill valley, ca