My school has an open florr plan with the computer lab at one end of the
library (24 computers) and 6 stand-alones in the library "proper".  We
have adult night school, everyone (it seems) has keys,  to the library,
but no computer has ever disappeared.  I think computers are more
"vulnerable" when they are still in their boxes rather than when they are
set up.

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Vanessa Zoll wrote:

> hello,
>
> for those who work in "open" libraries without walls, what kind of security
> did you find for your computers?
>
> i work in a large, open library which is used frequently at night by
> parents and teachers, and i am ready to put out 8 computers. however, i
> can't because i need some type of bolt-down security that will lock these
> computers into place for theft reasons.
>
> i'm looking into several products. anyone have advice for this problem?
>
> thanks,
>
> vanessa m. zoll
> mill valley middle school
> mill valley, ca