In Chapter 10, p. 250 (of the paperback ed.) of the AACR2 , one of the
material designations is "braille cassette."  What exactly is a braille
cassette?   I work in a school for the blind and am familiar with braille
and with 4-track tapes.  4-track tapes are cassette tapes recorded at 15/16
ips instead of the standard 1 7/8 ips, and utilize a quarter of the tape
for each track (vs. stereo which uses 2 tracks at the same time.)  4-track
tapes are the standard for Library of Congress and Recordings for the Blind
talking books.  However, a braille cassette doesn't seem to fall into
either the braille category or a 4-track tape category.  I asked my
instructor about it  when I took my continuing ed. cataloging course, but
she didn't have a clue either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Elizabeth Hart
Library Technical Assistant