On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Kay Goss wrote:

> Have you tried keeping a brief card on what you
> read--title/author/copyright/brief blurb for future reference? It comes in
> handy.

Great idea, Kay.  I haven't done that (wish I had), but a number of years
ago when I was in the Middle School, I kept a box that catalog cards had
come in, covered it with colorful contact paper, and had students use old
cards to write about their best most recently read book.  They stored
those cards in that box and the box was placed on the circualtion counter.

When students came in asking for a "really good book", I would hand them
the box and tell them to find one that sounded interesting there.  That
worked well, but sometimes it was difficult to get students to recommend
books.

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home