When I was checking some of the great-sounding authors mentioned so far,
I was reminded of a series which I really enjoyed--Harry Kemelman's
"rabbi" mysteries.  Rabbi David Small is the detective.  The stories are
set in a small New England town & combine Jewish religion/culture w/ fun
story lines.  I always felt like I was learning something when I read
them!

I'm back on LM_NET after a 3-year absence, using JUNO for email.  If
anyone wants info. on free email service, please contact me directly.

Best to all in "97!

Barbara Carr
Yorktown Hghts, NY
bbc123@JUNO.com