With the publication of "School Report Cards" there seems to be a lot of
scrambling going on in school districts to either constructively analyze
methods and results or to lay blame for inferior scores. Received an inquiry
this week from a librarian in a neighboring school district for statistics on
the percentage of fiction circulation. My statistics were significantly
higher than hers. The whole thing has peeked my curiosity. I would like to
receive data from other schools as a means of comparison. I would tabulate
the data and post a HIT.

If you care to participate please include the following information:

school level (grades included)
size of student body
rural, urban, suburban
size of library staff (full or part-time, certified or not)
total circulation for 1995-96 school year
percentage of that circulation that represents fiction

Not necessary to provide school name but if you do none will be mentioned in
the HIT.

Thank you. This could be very interesting.

Hildegard N. Pleva, Linden Avenue Middle School, Red Hook, New York

size of student

LM_NET Archive Home