Thanks to all of you for the immediate responses to my request for
patterning/repetition books for low readers.  You people are wonderful
and I know my teacher will be very pleased.  Several of you asked for me
to post a hit of the responses I received so here goes.  I hope this
works as I have not done this before.
Tammi Mitchell
Sullivan and Red Rock Elem. Libraries
Ulysses, KS
mitchelt@pld.com

> How about
> Little Red Hen
> Not Now said the cow
> The house that Jack built
> The Gingerbread Boy
> One Fine Day
>
> Some of these have multiple versions which could be used and discussed.  I do
> cumulative stories with grade 1 and grade 1-2 Special Ed. They seem to get a
> kick out of it and can recite the story with me.

> I Went Walking, by Sue Williams  (illustrated by Julie Vivas).
> How about LOVE YOU FOREVER by Robert Munsch and IT DIDN'T FRIGHTEN ME by
> Jerry Harste?
> How about Chicka Chicka Boom Boom?
> 510     Shimek, W.  Patterns, what are they?
> 745.6   Lancaster.  Lettering
> 811.54  Esbebsen.  Echoes for the eye
> E       Carle   The very hungry caterpillar
>         DeRegniers.     Going out for a walk
>         Dragonwagon     This is the bread I baked for Ned
>         Gackenback.     A bag full of pups
>         Hutchins        The doorbell rang
>         Kellogg         Won't somebody play with me
>                         Chicken Little
>         Kraus           Whose mouse are you?
>         Lobel           Frog and toad together
>         Aardema         Why mosquitoes buzz in people's ear
>
> I'd be happy to see what you get.  I made a bulletin board of all the
> places we find patterns:  bridges, tile, wall paper, my dresses,
> house exteriors, ....
> I just found two new ones this year that are really cute.  They are
> Hunky Dory ate it and Hunky Dory found it.  We have several books with
> Pattern Book activities at school but I am at home now.

> We have a 4th grade teacher who likes to use If You Give a Mouse a
>     Cookie and If You Give a Moose a Muffin.  Would this work?

LM_NET Archive Home