This is to Fern Phillips in Batesville, Ark., and the reason I'm sending
it to the whole list is that I lost her e-mail address in printing out
replies to my request for Pooh patterns. We had ice, snow, and high
winds, but it's gone now. Oddly enough, we, like your friend, moved to El
Paso 9+ years ago, too, and were here for that 17-incher our first year
here. But we had lived in the lower elevations in New Mexico the 11 years
before that so didn't even have snowboots or mittens! Since then,
however, we have re-stocked. Had a frosty windshield to scrape a couple
of mornings ago (another rarity) and the scraper must have been in the
other car so I made do with my teflon spatula. But the best part about
these rare snows is that now our little ones at school *do* know what
snow is all about when the teachers do their winter units! Vona Van
Cleef, librarian, LBJ Elementary, El Paso, TX

LM_NET Archive Home