I was reminded of this incident from all the request for bat
activities.
This fall our third grade had just finished a unit on bats.
One of the activities involved making bats and they were hung
all over the third grade area from the ceiling.  On Friday
morning when the students arrived there was a real bat hanging
among the paper bats!  We called animal control to remove the
bat.  There were no problems because the bat would not wake up.
We decided the bat was tired from spending the night trying to
get the paper bats to play with him.
--
Debra Balsam
Taylor Elementary