Do you mean _The Children's Story_?  _The Children's Hour_ is a play by
Lillian Hellman.  We have a copy of the the Clavell book with "story"
instead of "hour."

>I am replying to the list (and after the fact!) because I have answered this
>question a couple of times previously.  As has already been indicated, the
>title is "The Children's Hour by James Clavell.  It is the same James Clavell
>who authored "Shogun."  He wrote "The Children's Hour" for his own children
>in the early sixties.  It was published in Ladies Home Journal in 1963
>when I was doing my student teaching!  I clipped it, shared it with my
>students the next year when I had my own classroom (and many times
>since), and I still have the worn and yellowed pages I tore from the
>magazine over thirty years ago!  Tempus fugit!  But human nature changes
>very little.
>
>Mary Ellen Scribner, Librarian                  512 464-4033
>Westwood High School, Round Rock ISD            512 464-4020 (FAX)
>12400 Mellow Meadow Dr.                         scribner@tenet.edu
>Austin, TX 78750-1824
Julie Anderson, Librarian                (206) 813-7301
Kentwood High School                    janderso@kent.wednet.edu
25800 164th Ave SE
Kent, WA  98042                                   I think, therefore I
don't listen to Rush Limbaugh.

LM_NET Archive Home