I almost missed the wonderful opportunity offered from the Nebraska
Library Commission to have free on-line access to the entire databases
of all the major vendors through May 21st. It is a great opportunity
to really use and evaluate  the information sources offered: Everything
from Ebsco, Gale, H.W. Wilson, Information Access Company, OCLC, SIRS and
UMI.

The announcement was just a tiny two inch column in the NLCommunicator and
from the relatively few number of members on the Trial listserv set up for
this period I figured maybe some other librarians may have missed it,
too--especially since the last publisher I spoke with said he had only about a
dozen requests on his desk. I would have expected he would have hundreds!

Anyway to find out the scoop - look at the Library Commission's Home Page
at <http://www.nlc.state.ne.us/netserv/trial.html> or contact Allana at
800-307-2665 or e-mail her at <anovotny@neon.nlc.state.ne.us>
This is a real coup for the library commission to have pulled this off for
Nebraska--hopefully they can be as successful with state pricing so we can
afford some of this wonderful stuff, e.g. Gale's Discovering Authors
Modules that run $3200.00 a year.

I have set up some of the databases on my homepage and am waiting for
verification from the others. Each publisher requires a different
procedure. Contact me if you have any questions. It is great and I am
having such fun.

P.S. Does anyone have printing problems with Netscape? I have three MACs
using an inkjet printer and I frequently get the printer freezing up-I
have tried everything from completely shutting down all three computers to
cleaning the cashe, etc. I'm curious if others have this problem? It
will certainly affect decisions to go on-line with data bases or to keep
them as CDs on a file server.

                        Sarah Peckham. Marian High School
                        7400 Military Ave, Omaha, NE
                        SPeckham@marian.creighton.edu