For those of you who asked me to post a hit concerning the use of the
S.T.A.R. program to establish reading levels, I have only heard from one
person with information, but many asking for the hit.  I would still like to
receive information from anyone where this program is used.  We will be
preparing a presentation for our Board in 4-6 weeks requesting funds for the
purchase and would like to have your imput.  Also, anyone who is involved in
developing strategies to improve reading in your school, I would appreciate
hearing from you also.

The person who did respond was Janie Baxter in Ashburn, Georgia.  They have
been using S.T.A.R. in grades 9-12 since November and have found the results
close to the ITBS scores.

Thank you,

Pat Charlton
4555 Knowles Road