Back in the 60's when I was a counselor at Girl Scout camp, we used to
teach the campers a song about the Titanic. I'm sure it was a folk song,
but I have no idea who wrote it or when. It started out like this:

"Oh, they built the ship Titanic to sail the ocean blue,
 And they thought they built a ship that the water would never leak through,"

Unfortunately, that's all I remember. I would really love to have the
words, or better yet, the words AND music to use when I talk about Titanic
Crossing for the CA Young Reader nominees. Please send it on if you know
anything about it.

Gayle Hodur
District Librarian
Soledad Unified School District