      Fellow LMNETTERS; our first year teacher is doing a project on
husbands and wives who are in the educational business together.  Either
working in the same school districts or even working at the same school.  We
would appreciate it if you could get some of these wonderful people to
answer this survey for her.

Dear Participant:
     My name is Tonya Adams, and  I am a first year teacher.  My boyfriend,
who is also a first year teacher, and I are doing a survey of husbands and
wives who both work in education.  We would greatly appreciate your input.
Please answer the questions as they apply now or have applied in the past.

                                                          Sincerely,

                                                           Ms. Tonya Adams
                                                           Mr. Tracy Marks

SURVEY

Please give a brief sketch of your professional education career. ( Include
jobs you may have had other than teaching if your spouse was still in the
system.)

HUSBAND                                             WIFE

1.  Do you share good/bad days?

2.  What do you feel is the hardest part of having a spouse who is also an
educator?  What is the best part?

         HUSBAND                                                WIFE

3.  Do you ever feel like school is all you have to talk about ( between
your job &         having children in school, etc.)  What do you do to keep
a balance?

4.  How are you teaching styles alike?  Different?

5.  Do you ever brainstorm together?  Share ideas?  In what areas?

6.  For those of you who are administrators, guidance counselors, etc.,  How
did      your relationship with your spouse change when your job changed?

            HUSBAND                                            WIFE

7.  What recommendations would you give to young teachers who are
married/engaged?

send form by e-mail to BAVASSEY@infoave.net   (list subject as survey)

or you may fax us at 803 - 523-9147

We do have a deadline:  If possible please send by Thursday, January 29, 1997
TIA  Tracy Marks and Tonya Adams

LM_NET Archive Home