I am very interested in the discussion of online vs CDs.  For me, a
lot depends on the price.  I have SIRS and Infotrac on my school
network.  Will SIRS charge more if we access it online?  Electric
Library charges per station and it is extremely (IMHO) expensive even
for one seat.  I'm also wondering about online encyclopedia vs CD.
This would probably eliminate the problems of running multimedia
encyclopedia on networks.

If the prices are about the same it would certainly be easier to use
SIRS and Infortrac online.  There would be no worry about
installation.

Jan Ziglin
emseagle@execpc.com

LM_NET Archive Home