I am wondering where I can find out how the publishe and Eric Carle
himself handled the many questions they must have received concerning the
inaccuracy of this book (crickets chirp by rubbing their legs, not their
wings together). I am a school librarian and teach children's lit at a
community college and I personally enjoy this book, but a student of mine,
a biologist, pointed out the misinformation and I promised I would find
out if there had been much controversy and, if so, how it was handled. I
cannot recall ever seeing anything about it.  Thank you.
--
 Susan McCaffrey "...but wherever they go, and whatever happens to them
on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the Forest, a little

LM_NET Archive Home