Hi,

  I responded privately to Jane Richmond's question but have decided to
address this to all.  I guess I read the question differently.  Sears, at
least, has over time changed the official subject headings for certain
ethnic groups. I interpreted the question as wanting to know what do you do
about the old ones when the terms are changed by LC or Sears? I do agree
about sticking to Sears or  LC headings, even when they don't match the way
"real people" think.  Thank goodness for keyword searching!

Joanne Proctor, Librarian
Most Pure Heart of Mary School
Topeka, KS
jmproctor@mphm.com