This is a plea for advice on a Mac problem plaguing me for a month or more.
I have a 5400 with internal modem (global village I believe). I'm running
System 7.5.3, Netscape versions 2.02 or 3.0 or 3.01 (I've tried them all)
and I'm having difficulty in getting online. I thought it was some
incompatability with the new Mac Internet connection kit but when I
replaced it with ConfigPPP so I could see the configuration process more
clearly I realised that the problem lay not with getting a dialup
connection out but with connecting with Netscape.
Starting up with Netscape rarely makes a connection. But to make matters
worse it is an intermittent fault - success perhaps once out of four or
five attempts following a restart.
Starting with ConfigPPP then launching Netscape usually gets the old
message "this does not have a DNS entry" (which is of course untrue). It
seems as if Netscape won't recognise the connection MacPPP has made. Any
suggestions? I'm at my wit's end and Apple technical help are constantly
unavailable! Hopefully
Duncan

_/ Duncan Grey, Head of Resources  :Duncan.Grey@a4503.camcnty.gov.uk _/
_/ Hinchingbrooke School, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, UK              _/
_/ http://edweb.camcnty.gov.uk/hinchingbrooke/index.html             _/

LM_NET Archive Home