To all you <underline>wonderful</underline> cybrarians out there who are
still connected:

I am going to need as much imput and reassurance as possible!!!  I just

found out today (and basically volunteered) to teach students a very
brief

intro to the Internet.  I am a solo librarian for K-5 (275 students) and
9-12 (375

students).  We are just getting connected this summer, and will hopefully
be online

by the beginning of school.  It was agreed that students (teachers are
already known

to be a target for training) will need training on the various search
engines and

search techniques for even semi-effective research.  My dilemma--WHERE DO
I BEGIN and

WHERE DO I GO???  I believe that I will have only 3 days at best with the
students.

One suggestion was to reel them in from study hall--which is adjacent to
the library

and within easy access to the computer lab.

study hall.  2. no grade or leverage? within the confines of study hall.
3. There

must at least a few more I have not thought of.  Anyway--best scenario
was to

utilize the English classes as all students are in an English class.  If
I use that

premise, then can I in all fairness request more than 3 days of class
time from

the teachers?  I feel I may need a week?

Any and all <bold>suggestions, courses of action, programs, materials,

greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance to all who are willing and able
to help

this librarian focus on what needs to be covered in a short amount of
time.

TIA--

Pam Bradford

Librarian