When I became a LMS I already had a BA and MS in education and a New York
State certificate for elementary school. The MLS gave me a second masters and
a second certificate in New York. The double masters has helped in the salary
area.

Having experience as a classroom teacher has been very helpful to me. I
anticipate things that teachers will want or need. I know how to make their
job easier which they really appreciate. My teaching experience also helps me
in creating special programs offered in the library.

I had a very helpful library internship required in my MLS program. But I
learned a trememdous amount on my first job filling in for a great librarian
on sabbatical leave.
There were two full-time aides who taught me a great deal. Also the librarian
was very proactive (former president of LMS organization) and had every
system for management finely tuned.

Hildegard N. Pleva, Linden AVenue Middle School, Red Hook, New York

LM_NET Archive Home