Good morning Netters! We had a good discussion about Mac versus PC's/Windows
several months ago. Since then, I've noticed many mention that their sites
are "migrating" from Apple/Mac to PC/Windows.

Saturday, while looking over a catalog with CD-ROM titles, I noticed that
very few were for Mac, nearly everything was for Windows. Is this a trend
among other vendors as well? If so, can a school district justify remaining
strictly Mac?

 I am opening a BRAND NEW "Information Center" at a K-8 school  (in Sept.)
which is being touted as a performing arts and TECHNOLOGY academy, yet all
I've heard is Mac - our entire district k-12 has so far been strictly
Apple/Mac. Many of the parents at my prior school (same district) asked me
"why Mac?" when the business world is predominately non-Mac. Now I am at the
crossroads of an automation decision and wonderif selecting a Mac-only or
Mac-based automation system is an obsolete move?

If your school/district is staying with Mac, or if there's a definite trend
of "migration" - please send a short note to me (Joanne) at my home email:
shatz@lightside.com

 I will post a hit when there are enough responses to indicate a trend. If
there are specific points/questions to discuss with the group at large, post
that to the listserve.

I'm glad there's been a strong, continuing exchange on our listserve this
summer! It's been especially interesting to "meet" electronically those of
you who are not on summer break - that is, Australia, Kuala Lumpur (did I
spell that right?), etc.

Many thanks!
Joanne Ladewig (formerly at Grazide Elementary)
"Information Center"
Fairgrove Academy,
La Puente, California
(currently under renovation - use my home email please)  shatz@lightside.com