Dear Bonnie,

I replied to Sylvia directly re: her interpretation of my posting re: my
entry into the school library world.  You read it correctly-library work
did not require evenings and weekends of grading papers and I admitted in
my posting that I was wrong in assuming there would be no take home work.

It's always interesting to me the motivations for people getting into this
line of work - perceptions of what the job is - then getting the job and
reality quickly replaces the perceptions.

What has been especially enjoyable for me reading this thread is the
variety of experiences folks have had, the importance of timing and
circumstances in one's life, and the value of one person's influence.  It reminds
me to step up
my efforts to find good people to pursue this work.

This list is a joy.

Roberta Ponis
Library Services
Jefferson County Public Schools