I have a problem which seems to be growing daily.

We have some new Zentih pentium computers running MS Word, Excel plus some
cd-rom reference sources.

Due to problems in getting them hooked to the network and or a shared printer,
only one can print at this time making it necessary to save work to disk, then
sneaker net it to the one that can print.

Lately, the student tries to open word and we get  "Not enough memory to run
word".  No other programs are open.  If we exit windows then go back into
windows we can then do word.

other times when the student tries to open their file that is on the floppy we
get  'invalid disk drive".  Again, if we exit word, then windows, then reenter
windows all is fine.

These occurrances are becoming more and more frequent.

Today, just opening a word document on floppy caused the computer to freeze
requiring an ctl, alt, del  to close the application.

I have run every virus program that I have  (McAfee and f-prot plus f-prot
macro).

Can anyone help?

Deborah Stafford
Gen H.H. Arnold HS
Department of Defense Dependents Schools
Wiesbaden Germany
stafford@email.wiesbaden.army.mil
or  deborah_stafford@ccmail.odedodea.edu

LM_NET Archive Home